What is a Smart Home?
“A home that is equipped with network-connected products ( aka “smart products, connected via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or similar protocols) for controlling, automating, and optimizing functions such as temperature, lighting, security safety, or entertaining, either remotely by phone, tablet or computer or locally using a separate system within the home itself.” CNET
The best way to understand the benefits of a “smart home” is to give you examples of what you will be able to do with this technology.
- You can ask for a recipe for Shrimp Scampi and have it displayed on your Hub tablet.
- You can request Miles Davis – Kind of Blue and hear the song throughout the house.
- When someone rings the video doorbell, you will be able to see who it is and talk to them from your phone, where ever you are.
- You will be able to unlock the smart deadbolt lock on the front door for the repair man while at work.
- You will be notified with an alert on your phone app, whereever you are, in the event, there is smoke/fire in your home.
- You will be able to use your phone app to find out if you left the garage door open, and if open, you will be able to close the door.
We are convinced that you will discover smart home devices that you may want to add. Our Smart Home Package provides the network for you to add other smart devices, as you discover them.
We invite you to scroll down to view all the devices in Our Smart Home Package.
Google Nest Hub
The Google Home Hub is a visual, touchscreen-based interface which is meant to help you accomplish everyday tasks. It looks like a tablet, and is focused on making your life easier, from organizing your schedule to making grocery lists. The Google Home Hub can do things like:
- Allow you to view your daily schedule, commute, and reminders
- Control compatible lights, cameras, and TVs
- Access “visual, immersive” answers to your questions about things like recipes, local weather, and businesses, and more
- Play music
- See your photos in Google Photos
- Watch the news
- Make calls (in the U.S., these only work domestically)
- Create shopping lists
- Secure your house and control your thermostat (if your systems are compatible)
- Control other compatible smart devices, like Google Home
Google Nest Wi-Fi Mesh System Router with 2 Points
- Nest Wi-Fi is a scalable system that creates a mesh network, which delivers a consistently strong, reliable signal.
- Nest Wi-Fi blankets your whole home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi and keeps buffering at bay in every room.
- One Nest Wi-Fi router with one Wi-Fi point is strong enough to handle up to 200 connected devices, and fast enough to stream multiple 4K videos at a time.
- Point has a speaker that allows you to communicate with the Hub and to stream music in the room where the Point is located.
Google Nest Minis
Meet Google Nest Mini (2nd gen), the speaker you control with your voice. Music sounds bigger and richer on Nest Mini, with more power and bass. Just say “Hey Google” to play your favorite music from Spotify, YouTube Music, and more. Ask your Google Assistant about the weather, news, and so much more.
Google Nest Learning Thermostats
Meet the Nest Learning Thermostat. It’s not just beautiful and easy to use — it also has intelligent software that helps you save energy. It’s ENERGY STAR® certified, and saves enough on average to pay for itself in under two years.
- Programs itself. Then pays for itself.
- The Nest Learning Thermostat is the first thermostat to get ENERGY STAR certified.
- It learns what temperature you like and builds a schedule around yours. Since 2011, the Nest Learning Thermostat has saved billions of kWh of energy in millions of homes worldwide. And independent studies showed that it saved people an average of 10% to 12% on heating bills and 15% on cooling bills. So in under two years, it can pay for itself.
- Heating and cooling system alerts.
- If something does not seem right, it can send an alert, and helps you find a qualified pro.
Google Nest Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Protectors
There’s never been a smoke alarm quite like Nest Protect. It knows the difference between fast-burning fires, smoldering fires, and carbon monoxide. It speaks up when there’s a problem, can be hushed from your phone, and sends an alert in case you’re not home. It’s the smoke alarm that provides peace of mind.
- Nest Protect has a friendly voice that gives you an early warning to tell you where there is danger. And when one speaks, they all speak. So, the alarm in your bedroom can tell you there is smoke in the downstairs.
- Everyone in the family can have their own Nest Account. No more sharing a password. You can all use your phone to hush and test alarms. And you will all get alerts on your phone if something is wrong at home.
- Tests itself – You are supposed to test smoke alarms monthly. But 9 out of 10 people do not. So, Nest Protect checks its batteries and sensors over 400 times a day. And it is the first alarm that uses Sound Check to quietly test its speaker and horn once a month.
- Lights your way. If you need a glass of milk in the middle of the night, Nest Protect lights up as you walk underneath it. Pathlight is one of our customers’ favorite features, so we made it better and brighter.
- Nest protect communicates with your Nest Learning Thermostats, in the event there is an alarm, to shut down the air circulating system in your furnace so smoke will not circulate throughout the house.
Google Nest Hello Smart Wi-Fi Video Doorbell
Ding dong. See who’s at the front door with Nest Hello. It shows visitors head to toe, and packages on the ground, so you can see who’s there even when you’re not home. Never miss a thing (or a ring) again.
- 24/7 live video streaming
- Intelligent alerts for people and package alerts
- Works with the Google Assistant
- 4:3 HD video and HDR (High Dynamic Range) imaging
- HD Talk and Listen
Google Nest Yale Smart Deadbolt Lock
Together with Yale, we’ve built a tamper-proof lock that lets you control access to your home from wherever you are. Lock or unlock the door from your phone, create schedules, set custom passcodes, and always know when guests come and go. It’s simple, helpful, and here to make your home a little safer (and your life a little easier).
- Key-free locking and unlocking
- Remote access control with the Nest app
- Up to 20 custom passcodes with scheduling
- Real-time Access History
- Tamper-proof alerts
- Home/Away Assist Auto-Locking
- One Touch Locking
- 9V emergency battery backup
Smart Home Integrator
Included in Our Home Smart Package, the Owner will receive the services of a Professional Smart Home Integrator. Some of the smart home devices will be installed during construction.
Once the Owner has moved in and the internet service has been installed, the Integrator will schedule an appointment with the Owner, to meet to set up the system, pair the devices and set up the phone app, so the Owner can access all the smart home devices.
The Integrator Services include:
- To set up the smart home devices,
- Pairing of the devices
- Set up phone app to monitor/control devices
- One year warranty, providing 3 hours of service call